NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
HIGH SCHOOL QUARTERLY CREDIT RECOVERY APPLICATION
UPDATE: 2ND QUARTER APPLICATION NOW AVAILABLE ON QUARTERLY CREDIT RECOVER WEBPAGE
The Quarterly Recovery Program is an opportunity for individual students to improve academic achievement, increase a single quarterly course grade and to earn quarterly course credit. This program application is required and is subject to prior approval. It commits the participating student, parent/guardian, and course educators to adhere to and complete the specific requirements listed below.
As a student, you commit to:
- Demonstrate consistent required attendance during the regular school day and week
- Regularly attend the Quarterly Credit Recovery Program, including: Arriving on time and staying for the duration of each session
- Having no more than 1 unexcused absence and 2 excused absences. This will cause removal from the Quarterly Credit Recovery Program
- Adhere to the discipline standards expected at Newburgh Free Academy and uphold Code of Conduct at all times
As a parent/guardian, you commit to:
- Allow your child to participate in the Quarterly Credit Recovery Program
- Stay in regular contact with teachers to support your child’s progress
- Encourage your child to set high goals and achieve success
- Establish a family routine that includes continual progress in school work
Other Student Program Requirements
- Students may not bring others (i.e., siblings, friends, etc.)
- Students must indicate in advance if they need transportation
Approval Process: Completed applications should be submitted to the scholar’s cohort assistant principal. Priority will be given to students who are seniors. Attendance, behavior, and current grades will be used in the selection process if more seats are needed. If you are denied this opportunity you can appeal the decision to the building administrator. Students will be notified by their guidance counselor if they are approved.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!