ATHLETES: Thursday April 15, 2021 and Friday April 16, 2021 are the last days to register for Spring 2021 sports.
Watch NFA Athletic events live through the NFHS Network. Create an account and watch all of your favorite athletes for free!
ATHLETIC UPDATE: SPRING SPORTS - 3/18/2021
> Varsity and JV Spring sports will be starting April 19, 2021.
> Modified Spring sports will be starting May 4, 2021. All modified sports will be skills and drills only. No competitive games.
>No modified Boys Lacrosse
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN FOR ALL SPRING SPORTS AND ALL LEVELS on March 19, 2021 through April 6, 2021. Please make sure you register under your HOME school.
- PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNED UP UNDER YOUR HOME SCHOOL FOR THE SPORT YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN ON FAMILY ID.
- BE APPROVED BEFORE COMING TO PRACTICE AND THE APP TEST.
- BEFORE TAKING THE APP TEST PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED BY THE COACH OF THE SPORT YOU WISH TO PARTICIPATE IN
- ALL PAPERWORK WAS SUBMITTED TO YOUR SCHOOL HEALTH OFFICE.
APP testing dates are FINAL and as follows. Meeting place for the test will be NFA Main, back of school by the Boys gym stairs, passed the Auto Shop building. Please arrive 15 minutes before the test to check in.
|Tuesday||April 13, 2021||
Test 1 begins 3:00 PM
Test 2 begins 4:30 PM
|Wednesday||April 14, 2021||
Test 1 begins 3:00 PM
Test 2 begins 4:30 PM
SCHEDULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
- Please make sure you are approved in Family ID and cleared for the specific sports APP Test or you will not be permitted to take the APP test.
- Please make sure when you fill out the on the athletic screener in the drop-down menu you select APP Test, not the sport you are testing for.
- The Location is the lower parking lot on Roe St. for check-in at NFA Main
As a reminder from the 2/5/2021 update:
The Orange County Department of Health is requiring a number of steps that must occur to allow high risk sports to begin. These include:
- A school board resolution or the written consent of the School Superintendent/President will be needed detailing:
- which sports will be permitted to be played
- which grades will be permitted to play.
- Medical clearance for student-athletes will be required (school medical staff may provide such clearance)
- Parents/guardians must give their informed, written consent for the NECSD code of conduct that can be found in Family ID
- The school district must retain the original Code of Conduct or a computer-scanned version of the same and produce the same upon the request of the Commissioner of Health of any such
Additionally, the Orange County DOH indicates:
- High-risk school sports may be suspended if the local 7- day percent positivity rolling average exceeds the State average.
As a result of this, these sports will begin off-season style workouts where there will be no sharing of equipment and no full-contact sports until all requirements are met.
Welcome to the Newburgh Goldbacks Athletic Department webpage. On this page you will find athletic schedules, latest news, forms, the athletic handbook, and more. Take time to explore our site and if you have any questions or would like to see anything else added to this page, please feel free to contact the webmaster.
|FALL 2 SPORTS 2020-2021||LEVEL||COACHES & ID|
|Cross Country - Boys||V||Chris Marinoemail@example.com|
|Cross Country - Girls||V||Kathi Workmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cheerleading||V - Asst. Co||Kristen Romaninoemail@example.com|
|Cheerleading||V - Asst. Co||Lauren Skinnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football||V - Head||Bill Biancoemail@example.com|
|Football||V - Asst.||Mike Robinsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football||V - Asst.||Ben Lazarskiemail@example.com|
|Football||V - Asst.||James Horton, Jr.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football||JV - Head||Matt Geyeremail@example.com|
|Football||JV - Asst.||Jason McAllister, Jr.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football||JV - Asst.||Scott Seaburyemail@example.com|
|Football||FR - Head||Josh Connfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Football||FR - Asst.||Paul Pacione|
|Soccer - Boys||V - Head||Matt Iorlanoemail@example.com|
|Soccer - Boys||V - Asst.||Paul Matthewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Soccer - Boys||JV||Mike Pellegrinelliemail@example.com|
|Soccer - Girls||V - Head||Dave Doulinfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Soccer - Girls||V - Asst.||Jennifer Groganemail@example.com|
|Soccer - Girls||JV - Head||Mark Wenzelfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Swimming - Girls||V - Head||Patrick Kavanaghemail@example.com|
|Swimming - Girls||V - Asst.||Zach Williamsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tennis - Girls||V||Gina Imperialeemail@example.com|
|Tennis - Girls||JV||Keith Schaferfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|FALL 2 MODIFIED SPORTS||LEVEL||COACHES & ID|
|Cross Country - Boys & Girls||MOD||Aribelys Taverasemail@example.com|
|Football- NO MODIFIED||MOD - Asst.|
|Soccer - Boys||MOD - Blue||Tim Palmerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Soccer - Girls||MOD -Blue||Art Santanaemail@example.com|
|Volleyball-NO MODIFIED||MOD - Blue|
|Volleyball-NO MODIFIED||MOD - Gold|
Athletics Facebook Account
Viisit the Athletics Facebook Page for the latest news and happenings at https://www.facebook.com/NewburghGoldbacks/
Howard Harrison, Athletics Director
Phone: (845) 563-5420
Fax: (845) 563-5463
Forms and Documents
Fall Registration for Varsity, JV and Freshman sports will open on July 19
Modified sports will open on August 9-All modified athletes must register under their home school even if you are trying to play up.
Athletic Student Handbook (Revised Fall 2020)
The handbook contains all information student athletes need to know about the district's athletic program. It also includes an Acknowledgement Form for students and parents to sign.
APP Testing Forms Packet
Contains Preparticipation/Athletic Health History, Interval Health History, and Student Health Examination
Athletic Placement Process
Health Appraisal Form
Athletic Forms and Info
Concussion Management Policy
Concussion Test Form
Accident Report Form
Student Accident Claim Form
Health Appraisal & Preparticipation History
Interval Health History
Student Health Examination