NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
UPDATED ESYP Credit Recovery | Secondary Students
The Extended School Year Program is a four week summer program that focuses on credit recovery of courses not successfully completed by scholars in cohorts 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021* (*based on 70% attendance and availability). All HS recovery courses will be located at NFA North and be held from Monday, July 17th through Tuesday, August 15th (Monday through Friday). NYS Regents exams will be administered on Wednesday, August 16th and Thursday, August 17th on the NFA Main campus ONLY. Failure to attend and participate in the Extended School Year Program will place scholars in jeopardy of graduating on time with their cohort. Please review the ESYP Handbook-Summer 2023 for an overview of all expectations.
Period 1: 9:19 - 10:19
Period 2: 10:22-11:22
Period 3: 11:25-12:25
Period 4: 12:28-1:28
***Registration is based on courses offered and availability in each course. Preference is given to students in the 2018/2019/2020 cohort first, then any remaining seats will be offered to students in cohort 2021, with students who have 70% or better attendance given first choice. All cohort 2021 students under 70% attendance may be registered on July 13th at NFA North Campus. Seats are limited this year due to the ESY program offered at NFA North.
- Thursday, July 13th: 8:15-11:00 am (All Cohort 2018/2019/2020 students to pick up schedule and a Chromebook)
- Thursday, July 13th: 12:00-2:45 pm (All Cohort 2021 students are invited to register for classes with better than 70% attendance may register on a first come, first served basis, if seats are still available. Students with less than 70% attendance may register if seats are available.)
- Students/Parents must report to their NFA North Campus for registration.
- Students will receive a hardcopy of their schedule as well as a digital copy in their email.
Attendance and Participation
- Regular Attendance AND Participation is imperative for course completion. Students are expected to attend all their scheduled classes and actively participate.
Note: Family vacations are not considered excused absences.
- Once a student is absent a 4th time in any course, they may be dropped from that said course and will not receive credit (excused or unexcused).
- Teachers have the discretion to accept late assignments for grading purposes only.
- ESY staff will make every effort to communicate with parents/guardians when a student is absent.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the ESYP, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer School Principal
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!