Important AP Exam Testing Schedule and Information
Below, please find Important AP Exam Testing Schedule and Information for students enrolled in Advanced Placement (AP) courses at Newburgh Free Academy.
Location and Bussing: All Exams will be held at NFA Main Campus. Students should report to NFA Main Campus no later than 7:30am for morning Exams and 11:30am for afternoon exams. We cannot guarantee parking for students that do not go to the Main campus. Therefore a shuttle between buildings (North and West) will be provided. The bus driver will have a list of students who will be allowed on the bus. Students taking a morning exam will be shuttled back to their home campus at the end of completion of the AP Exam. Students taking an afternoon exam will utilize the late buses at NFA Main Campus to get home. The morning Shuttle will leave North and West at approximately 7:10am and arrive at Main Before 7:30am. The afternoon shuttle will leave the buildings at approximately 11:15am, and arrive at Main prior to 11:30am.
Once at NFA Main Campus, students will enter through the upper lobby where they will go through security and be sent into the auditorium until it is time to be released to their testing room.
Room Assignments: Students should check with their teacher to find out their testing room and seat number. We will also have this document hanging outside of our auditorium and our guidance office if students forget where to go on the day of the exam.
Breakfast and Lunch: Students should eat breakfast and lunch at their home school location. Any student who has a morning exam will be able to get lunch once they return back to their building. Any student with an afternoon exam should make arrangements at their school to eat lunch before getting on the shuttle to the main campus.
PERMITTED ITEMS: Only certain Items will be permitted with students on their testing days.
- No. 2 pencils
- Blue or black ink pens
- Watches that cannot access the internet and/or beep
- Permitted calculators (Curious about which calculators you can bring? Check out this link.)
- Rulers or straightedge for Physics exams
- This AP website reviews what students can and cannot bring. https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/exam-policies-guidelines/what-to-bring-on-exam-day
- You will not be allowed to access your bags during the exam. You will be allowed to eat a snack and grab a drink only during exam breaks. You will place your snacks and drinks in a specific location designated by the proctor.
- You are not allowed to leave the exam room for an unscheduled break
- Any restroom breaks that you take outside of the scheduled break during the exam, will impact your exam timing. You will not get that time back. You must notify the proctor if you need to use the restroom outside of the scheduled break time.
- If you have two exams back to back on the same day, please be prepared to eat a very quick lunch, use the restroom, and re-sit for your next exam.
- 8am Exams - Students must arrive NO LATER than 7:30am.
- 12pm Exams - Students must arrive NO LATER than 11:30am.
If parents or students have any questions about exam day procedures, please reach out to Matthew Spellman at NFA-Main Campus.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!