2022 Section IX Football Championships
Newburgh Free Academy will be hosting the 2022 Section IX Football Championships on Saturday, November 12th, 2022.
Please read below for more details about the games.
Pre-Game: Teams will line up under the goalposts five (5) minutes before the scheduled kickoff time for introductions. The Home Team will warm up and line up on the Roe Street side of the field. The Visiting Team will warm up and line up under the goalpost near the South Street side of the field.
Post-Game: An Awards Ceremony will commence on the game field at the end of all championship games.
Newburgh Free Academy (Main Campus)
201 Fullerton Avenue, Newburgh, NY 12550
Parking & Entrances
Spectator Parking: Parking is available in the main parking and Roe Street parking lot. Street parking is available on South and Fullerton Streets. The parking lot will have security personnel patrolling the parking area.
Visiting fans will enter and exit on the South Street Academy Field entrance
Home fans will enter and exit on the Roe Street entrance
Security Measures and Procedures
- City of Newburgh Police and/or local law enforcement agencies, including Orange County Sheriff’s Department, and NYS Troopers at times, are on-site to support security efforts;
- NECSD security monitors at entry, exit, and event spaces;
- As all fans and participants enter, each person is screened through a metal detector and/or wand by security personnel.
- Home and visiting spectators each have separate entrances and exits
- Security personnel and law enforcement on site will be redistributed to parking areas for primary arrival and dismissal times;
- All outdoor games will start prior to 4 pm, to minimize concerns about outdoor lighting
- Supervision personnel will be increased at each athletic home game;
- Additional lighting is being coordinated for parking areas;
- Spectators are encouraged to remain in their seats when restrooms and concessions are not being visited;
- There is NO REENTRY. Once a spectator has left the gates, they will not be admitted back inside;
- Capacity Rules will be strictly enforced;
- Arrival is first come, first served basis;
- Event doors open an hour before the event, unless otherwise specified;
- Entry closes at capacity and/or by halftime of the second game the gate will close (or other specified time limit based on event), whichever comes first;
- Every attendee, with the exception of school personnel, must be in the stands. No standing or lingering in areas outside of the stands;
- No bags are permitted in the event. This includes, but is not limited to:
- All Bags: paper bags, plastic bags, ziplock baggies
- Clear Bags
- Cell Phone Cross Body Bags
- Diaper Bags
- Fanny Packs, Waist Bags, Belt bags
- Camera Bags
- Reusable Shopping Bags
- Chromebook Cases
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!