2022 Summer LEGO 21st Century FACTS
21st Century SUMMER LEGO Program Facts
Five-year grant awarded to the district for 584 Kindergarten-fifth grade students at Balmville, GAMS, Horizons-on-the-Hudson and Vails Gate Schools.
Participating schools were deemed “Focus Schools” based on NYS assessments in ELA and Math where more than 50% of the students did not meet achievement standards.
Annual Funding is contingent upon student attendance.
- In order to maintain funding to run the program annually, 571 students MUST Attend for 15 hours of programming
Key program features include:
- Tutoring in ELA and Math
- STEAM (science,technology, Engineering, Math, and Arts) Enrichment activities.
- SEL (Social Emotional Learning) instruction, and Health and wellness instruction
- Family engagement activities provided by community based organizations
*THIS IS NOT A HOMEWORK HELP PROGRAM*
Surveys are required to be completed by families, student, staff, and community members to ensure everyone’s suggestions and concerns are being addressed -
- Survey data that is used for reporting purposes does not include personal information.
After-school staff begin work at either 3:15 PM or 4:15 PM
- Daytime staff cannot perform after-school work outside of program hours
- All messages left during the school day will be addressed during after-school hours
Transportation at the end of program will be provided for participants based on availability.
- Alternate bus stop forms must be sent into transportation even if you sent one in for the daytime school bus
An external evaluator is contracted to ensure that the programs are in compliance with all Federal, State, and Local Grant requirements.
- District administrators including the Superintendent, the Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum and Instruction, board members, and community based partners, and the evaluator review programming throughout the year.
Program advisory committee team (PACT) meetings occur quarterly to review various aspects of the program. A form will be provided to everyone who cannot attend the meeting to ensure all voices are heard.
- Family members, students, staff, and community members are invited to attend and assist with planning
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!