NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
October 18 - 22 is NYS School Board Appreciation Week!
October 18 - 22 is NYS School Board Appreciation Week! The Newburgh Enlarged City School District is joining all public school districts across the state to celebrate School Board Recognition Week to honor local board members for their commitment to our community and its children. We look forward to officially celebrating our Board of Education members at next week's regular meeting.
The School Board is tasked with:
- Creating a shared vision for the future of education
- Setting the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
- Providing accountability for student achievement results
- Developing a budget that aligns district resources to improve achievement
- Supporting a healthy school district culture in which to work and to learn
- And much more!
The members serving our district are listed below. We are thankful for their service and commitment to our scholars! More information about our Board of Education can be found on the district website NewburghSchools.org, click the Board of Education tab.
Ms. Carole Mineo - President
Mr. Philip Howard - Vice President
Ms. Ramona Burton
Ms. Renee Greene
Dr. Shane Henderson
Mr. Mark Levinstein
Ms. Carol Maida
Mr. Darren Stridiron
Mr. William Walker
Ms. Susan Prokosch - deceased
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!