NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
WINTER SPORTS SEASON 2021-2022
WINTER SPORTS SEASON 2021-2022
Athletes MUST register on FAMILY ID for all sports, at all levels, and be APPROVED before trying out for your sport. Additionally, athletes must be eligible to participate based on BOE Policy 5411 (more information below).
- Winter sports will begin on Monday November 15, 2021 for Varsity, JV, and Freshman levels (Basketball - Boys &Girls, Cheerleading (V &JV), Competitive Cheer, Indoor Track - Boys & Girls (V), Swimming & Diving - Boys (V & JV), Bowling (V), Wrestling (V & JV).
- Modified sports will begin on Monday, November 22, 2021 (Basketball - Boys & Girls).
*Please make sure when registering you upload an up to date physical if your school’s health office does not already have it. If you are not sure whether or not your physical is up to date, please contact your school’s health office.
FAMILY ID registration will open for Varsity, JV, & Freshman levels from October 15, 2021 through November 12, 2021.
FAMILY ID registration will open for Modified levels from October 22, 2021 through November 19, 2021.
Please register for the sport you wish to participate in under your home school. Your home school is the school you currently attend.
* Winter sports locations and times will be announced at a later date on the Newburgh Athletic website.
If you are in 7th or 8th grade and wish to play a high school level sport: Varsity, JV or Freshman, please make sure you have the proper APP paperwork filled out and submitted to your school’s health office. You must also have an up to date physical. Please hand in your APP paperwork to your health office ASAP for the District Doctor needs extra time to approve your student athlete to take the APP test. If you have previously taken the APP test, please check with the athletic office to ensure you do not have to take it again.
*The APP testing will be as follows on NFA Main campus Track:
NOVEMBER 12 - 3:00pm-4:00pm or 4:00pm-5:00pm
NOVEMBER 15 - 3:00pm-4:00pm or 4:00pm-5:00pm
NOVEMBER 16 - 3:00pm-4:00pm or 4:00pm-5:00pm
- Please make sure you are approved in Family ID for the specific sport you wish to try out for and cleared by the District doctor for the APP test or you will NOT be permitted to take the APP test.
- If you have any questions please contact your school’s health office or the Athletic office 845-563-5420/5446.
As a reminder, all athletes must adhere to BOE policy 5411 - PARTICIPATION IN STUDENT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETICS
APPEAL: If you have not met the District requirements (last year's school year of an 85% attendance rate or 4.5 credits), you may submit an appeal using this link: Eligibility Appeal Process and Form (Please click APPEALS FORM.)
Please write a detailed explanation of why you are appealing. If you played a Fall 2021 sport and are currently on a contract, you do NOT have to submit a second appeal for you are already on contract for this current school year for athletics. If you have any questions pertaining to this matter, please see Athletic Director, Mr. Harrison.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!