NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
Newburgh Enlarged City School District Accepted into National Network of Innovative School Districts
October 5, 2017 | Newburgh, NY – The Newburgh Enlarged City School District was accepted today into the League of Innovative Schools, a national coalition of forward-thinking school districts organized by Digital Promise, a nonprofit organization with the mission to accelerate innovation in education and improve the opportunity to learn for all through technology and research.
The Newburgh Enlarged City School District was selected from a competitive national pool of applicants based on its leadership, evidence of results, innovative vision for learning, and commitment to collaboration.
“It is an honor to be recognized nationally as a school district that is accelerating innovation. We are looking forward to collaborating with other trailblazers who are transforming learning environments and are getting results.” Dr. Roberto Padilla, Superintendent of the Newburgh Enlarged City School District
The League of Innovative Schools, launched in late 2011, accepts new members through an open application process once per year. With the new members, the League now includes 93 school districts in 33 states. The full list of members can be found at digitalpromise.org/districts.
“The League of Innovative Schools works to improve outcomes for students and solve the challenges facing K-12 schools through powerful and smart use of learning technologies and research,” said Kim Smith, executive director of the League of Innovative Schools. “We’re excited to welcome our new League members and further amplify the collective voice of the League to advance positive change in public education.”
League members are represented by their superintendent, who commits to:
- Attend biannual League meetings, which feature classroom visits, collaborative problem-solving, and relationship-building with peers and partners;
- Participate in League challenge collaboratives on a broad range of topics relevant to the changing needs of school districts;
- Support Digital Promise research and provide feedback so it translates easily into classroom experiences and expands what we know about teaching and learning;
- Engage with entrepreneurs to advance edtech product development steeped in the latest learning science and meets district needs; and
- Participate in the League’s professional learning community by connecting with other members online, in person, and at each other’s school districts.
In addition to superintendents’ participation, there are also opportunities for other school administrators, principals, and teachers to participate in League and Digital Promise initiatives.
For more information on the Digital Promise League of Innovative Schools, visit: digitalpromise.org/league.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at email@example.com. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!