Meadow Hill Parents: Welcome Letter and Additional Information
Dear Meadow Hill GEMS Parents/Guardians:
Welcome Back! We are incredibly excited to begin our new school year at Meadow Hill GEMS School! This promises to be a year filled with golden opportunities for all our students as we strive to find ways that we can be even better than we have before! We embark on this journey with a pledge to you, our students and parents, that this will be a year of engaging, meaningful and rigorous work in our classrooms, combined with special events and a plethora of extracurricular activities and performing arts groups certain to encourage our GEMS to be involved and stay connected! Please note that middle school class schedules will be distributed to 6th-8th grade students on Wednesday, September 6.
During the 2017-18 school year, we will continue to build upon and refine our proven foundation of good work, honored traditions, and continued excellence in education. Our staff of highly qualified professional educators and support personnel is committed to providing our students many opportunities both inside and outside of the classroom. We invite and encourage students and parents to work in partnership with us to seize opportunities in all five facets of our Meadow Hill GEMS program --- Academics, The Arts, Athletics, Activities, and Altruistic Endeavors.
We look forward to a very positive and productive year together! We extend a special, yearlong invitation to our families to join us at school activities and events whenever possible. We want . . . we need . . . and we value your involvement and support in your child’s education! Your active participation is key to the success of your young GEMS during his/her middle school years.
Please know that we highly value home/school communication at Meadow Hill GEMS School. It is vital and plays an integral role in each student’s success. We encourage you to contact us if/when the need arises, and to stay in the know about your child’s studies, assignments, assessments, and school activities, as well as other events and happenings.
Again, we welcome you to Meadow Hill GEMS School and to our wonderful learning community . . . a place alive with much energy . . . enthusiasm . . . and a high standard of excellence! It is, indeed, a place where opportunities abound! Here’s to an AWESOME new school year as we work together to make our school a great place to work and learn each day!
Mr. Dennis Camt
- Reminder that student arrival is between 8:00-8:10 am daily. Students arriving after 8:15 am are considered tardy. Please make every effort that your child is in attendance at school daily. Do not drop off students prior to 8 am as there is no adult supervision.
- Student dismissal begins at 2:59 pm daily with car riders and walkers. Students should not be picked up prior to 2:59 pm as leaving school early impacts their learning. Please schedule all appointments if possible afterwards.
- Remember to complete the Health Office and Main Office Pink Contact Cards. Ensure all pertinent information is completed and written legible. Throughout the year, notify the main office of any telephone and address changes.
- A friendly reminder of reinforcing positive school habits such as eating healthy, obtaining 8 hours of sleep, studying and completing homework, and reading daily. Practice makes perfect!
- Open house is scheduled for Thursday, September 28. Reserve the date!
- PTO will be sponsoring many events throughout the year. Please assist in supporting as many events as possible. Consider being an active PTO member by volunteering at an event or joining a committee. Your cooperation is essential to the success of all Meadow Hill GEMS Scholars!
- Remember that every school year, an “Alternate Bus Stop Request Form” must be completed and submitted to the Transportation Department in advance if your child is attending daycare or babysitter. The Transportation Department is located at 124 Grand Street, Newburgh, New York 12550 and may be contacted at (845) 568-6833.
- The expectation is that ALL students especially kindergarteners are to be picked up on time at the bus stop by an adult. Please be proactive by arriving to the bus stop earlier than the expected arrival time to avoid your child being returned to the school.
- All Kindergarten through 8 grade students are recipients of FREE breakfast and lunch. A menu will be provided monthly.
- Students may NOT possess/use cellphones or any other electronic device, head phones, ear pieces during the instructional school day. If you need to contact your child in an emergency, parents can call the main office, state the emergency, and a staff member will immediately notify your child. If there is an emergency regarding your child, the school will notify the parent ASAP. If your child feels the need to contact you directly, s/he may use the school phone in the main office.