NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
NFA Graduation Information
THIS INFORMATION BELOW IS FOR THE 2017 GRADUATION, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE 2018 GRADUATION
The Newburgh Free Academy Class of 2018 Graduation Ceremony will be held on Academy Field at 7:00 PM, Thursday, June 21, 2018. The rain date is Friday, June 22nd at 7:00 PM. In the event of inclement weather on Friday, the ceremony will be held in the NFA Auditorium. To ensure this graduation ceremony is a momentous occasion, it is important for everyone to adhere to the following procedures:
Cap and Gown Distribution – Seniors may pick up their cap and gown on Wednesday, June 20th from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM in Cafeteria B (Roe Street). The cost is $30.00 CASH ONLY. You must have your ID.
Senior Picnic – The Senior Picnic will be held from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM on Wednesday, June 20th on the front lawn of NFA Main Campus.
Graduation rehearsal will be held on Thursday, June 21st promptly at 10:00 AM. Students must arrive at 9:15 AM in the main lobby to retrieve their room assignment.
Graduation Evening: The Academy Field Gates will open at 5:30 PM for guests. The Ceremony begins at 7:00 PM. Graduates must report to their assigned location by 6:00 P.M.
Parking: Parking is available in the following parking lots:
- NFA North Lot (access from Gidney Avenue)
- Gidney Avenue Memorial Elementary School- Front and Rear Lots
- Inspire- Access from Fullerton Avenue
- Since Newburgh Free Academy is located in a residential community, please be cognizant of our neighbors. If you park on city streets, please do not block driveways and park only in designated areas.
- Handicapped Parking: Vehicles that display a handicapped tag will be permitted to park in the First Baptist Church Parking Lot (on the corner of South and West Street) across from Academy Field.
- Anyone driving a disabled elderly person(s) may drop them off at the South Street Gate adjacent to Academy Field and then, park in recommended parking lots.
South Street will be closed between West St. & Fullerton Ave. to vehicular traffic at 6:00 PM.
INCLEMENT WEATHER INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED BELOW IF NEEDED.
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Amanda McDowell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (email@example.com).