NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
NECSD Enjoys 4th Annual Superintendent's Celebration of the Arts
The Newburgh Enlarged City School District enjoyed the fourth annual Superintendent's Celebration of the Arts recently. This year, the celebration showcased instrumental music. The celebration included an Empire Drum Line Processional, a Introduction from Dr. Padilla, performance by All-State Trombone Player, and a Ukulele Ensemble.
After the performances, there were workshops that participants could choose to attend. The workshops are listed below to give an idea of the experiences participants could choose from.
- Creating Instruments – Learn how to design and create instruments to accompany your favorite song using common recycled materials.
- Ukulele Instruction – Strum a favorite tune as you learn to play one of the most popular and affordable social instruments.
- Rocking Recorders – Experience what all of our 3rd grade scholars use to create music in preparation for participation in the band and orchestra programs.
- Kicking Keyboards – You will learn the basic skills to “tickle the ivories” just like our middle school scholars.
- Groovin’ Guitars – An introduction to the electives available to our scholars as they earn the required arts credit for graduation.
- Boomwhacker Beat – You will make the connection between science and sound production as you literally whack the tubular instruments as directed.
- Bucket Drumming – The music craze of the city comes alive in Newburgh.
Photos and story provided by Ms. Theresa Brown, Director for Fine and Performing Arts
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Amanda McDowell (email@example.com) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org).