Superintendent's Celebration of the Arts - February 21, 2019 - 5PM until 7PM - Register Now
Superintendent’s Celebration of the Arts
February 21, 2019 - 5:00PM until 7:00PM - Instrumental Music
The celebration will include an Empire Drum Line Processional, a Introduction from Dr. Padilla, performance by All-State Trombone Player, and a Ukulele Ensemble.
After these presentations there will be breakout workshop sessions
- Creating Instruments – Learn how to design and create instruments to accompany your favorite song using common recycled materials.
- Ukulele Instruction – Strum a favorite tune as you learn to play one of the most popular and affordable social instruments.
- Rocking Recorders – Experience what all of our 3rd grade scholars use to create music in preparation for participation in the band and orchestra programs.
- Kicking Keyboards – You will learn the basic skills to “tickle the ivories” just like our middle school scholars.
- Groovin’ Guitars – An introduction to the electives available to our scholars as they earn the required arts credit for graduation.
- Boomwhacker Beat – You will make the connection between science and sound production as you literally whack the tubular instruments as directed.
- Bucket Drumming – The music craze of the city comes alive in Newburgh.
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Amanda McDowell (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (email@example.com).