Registration, Screening, & Location Choices
Everything You Need to Know About Pre-K Enrollment for 2021 - 2022 School Year
- The NECSD Registration Department will be accepting Pre-K Applications from April 12th through April 23rd
- Please write down your registration # and keep in a safe place to easily refer back to your application.
- Gather necessary documents prior to beginning registration application (find list of accepted documents in section below)
- The UPK program is available for established residents residing with the Newburgh Enlarged City School District. Residency verification documentation will be required. Please review the eligible residency documentation in the Pre-K to Grade 12 Registration section
- Immunization documentation is required by NYS law for enrollment
- The UPK program is for children that meet the age requirement. Your child must be age four (4) on or before December 1, 2021
- You may register more than one child in an online registration application
- The first four days of the UPK registration period will be dedicated to processing applications. When you submit your application you will receive an automatic email notification
- Applications will be reviewed by our intake specialist. If there is a concern regarding your application you will be contacted by an intake specialist via email or phone regarding any matters that need to be addressed in order to process your application
- If your application is able to be processed immediately you will be contacted by an intake specialist for an exit interview to finalize the enrollment of your child. The exit interview can be done virtually or in-person by appointment
- Please be sure to fill out the Pre-K Choice Form
- If you have a question about alternate-stop transportation please contact the Transportation Department at 845-568-6833 or email at transportation@NECSD.net
- If you have a questions about the Pre-K program, please contact 845-568-6730 or 845-563-8466.
Pre-K Information Session Recording (4/8/2021)
*Please note that during this time period the Registration Department will be experiencing a heavy volume of calls. We will return phone calls as timely as possible. If you have questions you can contact us at email@example.com.
District Elementary Schools with UPK may include:
5144 US-9W, Newburgh
6 Plattekill Turnpike, Newburgh
Horizons on Hudson
137 Montgomery Street, Newburgh 845-563-3725
Gidney Avenue Memorial School
300 Gidney Avenue, Newburgh
Tara Marshall, Principal, 845-568-6730
Community Based Organizations include:
LITTLE HARVARD SCHOOL
63 Lawrence Avenue, New Windsor, NY
Phone: 845 565 6112
Contact: Darlene Swart/Antonia Uszenski littleharvardNW98@gmail.com
***All sites follow the NECSD school year calendar and emergency closings. Extra care hours may be available for additional fees on days when the NECSD is closed or delayed.
***Contact each location to get more information about the availability of before and after care and wrap around care for siblings, additional fees apply.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION/QUESTIONS
PLEASE CONTACT TARA MARSHALL, Pre-K at Gidney Avenue Principal @845-568-6730
OR MELANIE DEJESUS, UPK Social Worker @ 845 568 6730