Kick Off to Middle School BBQ - June 26, 2018
Kick Off to Middle School
June 26, 2018
Each school will be hosting a Transitioning to Middle School BBQ for students who will be entering 6th grade. There will be a faculty and staff meet and greet, middle school Q & A, and building specific activities.
South Middle School
Meadow Hill School
Temple Hill Academy
Heritage Middle School
PLUS, SAVE THE DATE FOR:
The 411 of Middle School
August 27 & 28, 2018 - 8:30AM-12:30PM at SMS, MHS, THA, & HMS. Event is for scholars only. Transportation will be provided. Must RSVP (you can register at the link above as well.
Activities will include:
- Team building activities (meeting new people and making friends)
- Walking through a mock schedule (learning a bell schedule and your way around the building)
- Locker usage
- Getting to Know your school and meeting the faculty and staff
- Expectations for learning (General teacher expectations, general grading guidelines)
- Code of Conduct for Middle School Students
- Appropriate use of social media in Middle School
- Student interest (Clubs, sports, volunteer opportunities)
- Study skills and organization
- And more…
TEACHERS: Are you and your students doing something great? Please contact your Communication Strategist. We’d love to attend or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district! Grades PreK-5 Angela Wise (email@example.com) and Grades 6-12 Cassie Sklarz (firstname.lastname@example.org).