NOTICE: This post is over 180 days old. This information may be outdated if you're looking for new or upcoming information.
Cap Decorations - Updated Information
Graduation Cap Decorating Procedures and Etiquette:
Please take into consideration the following rules when decorating your graduation cap. Failure to follow these rules will result in a replacement cap being given to you during the Final Walk Across Academy Field event at your own cost.
It is appropriate to put the following on your cap:
• School and district pride
• Messages of thanks (to a parent, grandparent, teacher, guardian, etc.)
• Recognition of the college or university you will be attending
• Your graduation year
• The branch of the military you will be joining
• Celebration of your heritage
• Only the flat, top area of the mortar board may be decorated. There may be nothing hanging down from any of the sides of the cap.
• Decorations must be flat on the surface of the cap. 3-D creations are prohibited.
• Graduation caps will be reviewed and approved in advance of the ceremony.
• No offensive language, sayings, nicknames, pictures or lyrics on cap.
• No objects such as signs, stuffed animals, bells, or any 3D object may rest on the cap.
• Your cap should not make noise. No bells, horns, or anything that makes noise.
• Caps should not contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches, or pictures that: Refer to drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, violence, illegal activity or weapons or be of a sexual nature.
• Be obscene, profane, vulgar, or lewd.
Students, we highly suggest you trace your cap onto cardboard and decorate the cardboard. In case you make a mistake, you can start over with a new piece of cardboard. After you decorate it, stick it to your cap with double-sided tape or Velcro stickers. A new cap will not be provided if you make a mistake while decorating. Administrators reserve the right to disallow anything that is not considered appropriate for the Class of 2020 recognition event.
ATTENTION: Are your scholars or colleagues doing something great? Please contact the district Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to visit your class or event and/or post your pictures and recap to highlight the amazing accomplishments throughout our district!