Guidance Department Home
The MH Support Services Team
Mrs. Boone NBCT School Counselor
Dr. Delisfort & Ms.Samuels School Psychologists
Mrs. Inman School Nurse Practitioner
Mrs. Hutchins School Nurse Teacher
Mrs. Smith School Social Worker
What we do?
- Helps create a safe school environment
where children can learn.
- Promotes positive attitudes among students
toward self, family, peers and community.
- Assists students in learning how school
performance relates to future opportunities.
- Supports students by teaching skills for
- Counsels students individually and in
- Works with students on attendance issues.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Helps design interventions to enhance
- Facilitates conflict resolution and mediation
skills and helps students learn about anger
- Provides assistance to parents, teachers
and administrators, on various topics.
Why Should Parents Contact Us?
- Concerns over student achievement
- Peer Conflict
- Family/Student health problems
- New school registration and orientation
- Test anxiety &/or preparation
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Early discussion of potential crisis
- Family difficulties or concerns
- Academic planning/scheduling
- RtI Process &/or 504 plans
- Parent/Teacher Meetings
- Parent Education
When can I see a counselor?
Mrs. Boone is at Meadow Hill from 8:00am-3:15pm. She can also be reached by calling 568-6626.
Where is the counselor's office?
The counselor’s office is upstairs in the 7th/8th grade wing.
School Counselors Can Help...
“I can’t concentrate at school when I fight
with my brother at home.”
“I’m new here and I’m having trouble making
“I’m nervous about asking my teacher questions.”
“I study a lot and I’m still not getting good
“My friend keeps excluding me from sitting
at the lunch table.”
“My mom and I argue about homework.”
“I don’t feel like I’m part of the cool group.”
“It’s really hard for me to finish all my big