Superintendent's Celebration of the Arts - February 21, 2019 - 5PM until 7PM - Register Now
Superintendent’s Celebration of the Arts
February 21, 2019 - 5:00PM until 7:00PM - Instrumental Music
The celebration will include an Empire Drum Line Processional, a Introduction from Dr. Padilla, performance by All-State Trombone Player, and a Ukulele Ensemble.
After these presentations there will be breakout workshop sessions
- Creating Instruments – Learn how to design and create instruments to accompany your favorite song using common recycled materials.
- Ukulele Instruction – Strum a favorite tune as you learn to play one of the most popular and affordable social instruments.
- Rocking Recorders – Experience what all of our 3rd grade scholars use to create music in preparation for participation in the band and orchestra programs.
- Kicking Keyboards – You will learn the basic skills to “tickle the ivories” just like our middle school scholars.
- Groovin’ Guitars – An introduction to the electives available to our scholars as they earn the required arts credit for graduation.
- Boomwhacker Beat – You will make the connection between science and sound production as you literally whack the tubular instruments as directed.
- Bucket Drumming – The music craze of the city comes alive in Newburgh.