Friday, March 16, 2018
Modified Boys Baseball players for practice should report to the Cafeteria to sign in and wait for security to bring you to the gym.
Any 7th or 8th grade girl interested in trying out for Modified Softball, tryouts will be Monday, March 12 at 4pm at South Middle School.
Any 7th or 8th grade student interested in Modified Track, there will be an informational meeting on Monday, March 12 at 3:30 pm at Temple Hill School. Tryouts are immediately following the meeting. You must have your yellow medical clearance slip to try out. There will be no transportation home so please make arrangements.
Boys Modified Lacrosse tryouts will be on Wednesday, March 14 at 3:30 pm at NFA Main Campus on Academy Field, however, if there is snow on the field you will report to Cafeteria C.
Girls Modified Lacrosse tryouts have been postponed until further notice.
Summer Youth Employment applications are available in the Guidance Office for students who will turn 14 before June 1, 2018. If you are interested please stop by and pick one up.
- Paperwork for spring sports is now available in the Health Office. Any 7th or 8th grade student who wishes to participate in a spring sport needs to stop by the health office during lunch or a free period for the packet
Our Physical Education teachers are organizing a Hoops for Heart program/fundraiser from March 20 through March 22 after school. The students may participate in a 3 Vs. 3 basketball tournament for $1.00 per person to play. The program gets middle school students excited about heart health. An informational flyer and donation forms have been sent home with students. You may donate via the donation envelope, or online at www.heart.org/hoops.
- Heritage Yearbooks are on sale! There is an early bird discount until December 22 - Order for $20.00 online at YBPay.lifetouch.com with code 5056418. You can also complete an order form and pay by cash or check payable to NECSD. Order forms can be picked up in the Main Office.
- Heritage Middle School H.O.P.E. group would like to thank everyone for their generous donations to the H.O.P.E. Group! They are about to make one of their biggest and best donations ever after return from break! Let's collect even more! Go Heritage, your kindness shows!
A LOOK AHEAD........................
HERITAGE MIDDLE SCHOOL PTO
GERTRUDE HAWK FUNDRAISER
On-Line orders extended until March 25!
Friday, March 16, 2018
6:30 PM - 8 PM
Our evening will feature a multicultural showcase, entertainment and an "International Food Tasting." If you are interested in sharing a food dish or dessert; please complete the bottom of the form that has gone home with your child and return it to your child's World Language or ENL teacher. We look forward to seeing you there!
March 26, 2018 through April 2, 2018
HMS FREE FAMILY NIGHT
Baked Ziti Dinner and Bingo
Saluting Our Parents!
When: Friday, April 13, 2018
Time: 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Where: HMS Cafeteria
Cost: FREE For all HMS Families
RSVP: by Friday, April 6, 2018
*RSVP Flyers have been sent home with students Friday, March 16
Monday, April 16, 2018
Heritage Media Center
- Newburgh Youth Goldbacks Football & Cheer Online Registration is now available at www.goldbacksyouthfootball.org
Please ask your gym teacher for an informational flyer
Hudson Valley Panthers basketball are holding their Boys AAU try-outs on Saturday, February 24 at the Boys and Girls Club of Newburgh. . Boys Grades 5-6 are from 11AM - 1PM and boys grades 7-8 are from 1 pm to 3 pm. Girls Lady Panthers tryouts are Tuesday, February 27 and Thursday March 1st. Girls ages 13 and 14 are from 6 pm to 7:30 pm. Girls ages 15 to 17 are 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Panthers Elite tryouts are Saturday, March 3. Ages 15 and 16 are from 9 am to 11 am and ages 17 are from 11 am to 1 pm. For further information please contact Anthony Jenkins, at 561-4936 Ext 213.
- Newburgh Cal Ripken Babe Ruth Baseball Clinic's Spring 2018 registration is now open. Children must be between the ages of 4 and 18 and must reside in Newburgh, Cornwall or Washingtonville school districts. Register online at www.NewburghCalRipken.com. Clinics begin on Saturday, January 13 from 12 PM to 2 PM at Grace Methodist Church, 264 Broadway, Newburgh.
- Champion Youth is offering Hip-Hop Dance classes for youth, ages 6-13 at their Trinity United Methodist Church location, 1 Owens Road, Newburgh, NY. For more information please call 800-956-6956.
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh (285 Liberty Street), is offering their Afterschool Project program. The program is open to all NECSD youth in grades 6-8 and will run Monday-Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm. You may download an application on-line or pick-up an application at the Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh. www.bgcnny.org / 845-561-4936
- Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh is offering their Basketball Skills Academy on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays for students in grades K through 12. Please pick up an application at Boys & Girls Club of Newburgh, 285 Liberty Street, or visit www.bgcnny.org or contact 845-561-4936.